Checklist: Choose The Right Title Search CompanyDue Diligence, Reduce Financial Risk, Tips, Title Related Topics
When you need a title search, there is a checklist of vital questions to consider before choosing a title search company to fulfill your title search need. Title reporting is an intricate and detailed process. To accurately inform your decision making, experience and expert know-how are required to craft a comprehensive report worthy of your trust.
So what should you look for in a Title Search Company?
Reliability – Is the Title Search Company Reliable?
- Are reports delivered when promised?
- If work is delayed, are you alerted before it’s due, or after it’s already late?
- How long has the Title Search Company been in business?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions insurance?
Quality – Does the Title Search Company produce quality reports?
- Are they knowledgeable about title norms and customs?
- Do they have a detailed knowledge of title documents?
- Do they read and understand legal descriptions? Many searchers rely on parcel numbers or addresses instead of carefully reviewing the legal description; this practice can lead to incomplete and inaccurate reporting.
Coverage – Does the Title Search Company offer full services?
- Do they provide nationwide coverage?
- Do they offer other public records services that complement their title services, like corporate and UCC?
- Do they provide dedicated customer service support?
If you want quality title searches from a reliable partner with total coverage, contact us today. First Corporate Solutions works with our customers to first understand their needs, then creates a customized title report to address and answer those needs.