Corporate Transparency Act
Links and other resources related to the Corporate Transparency Act (CTA) and the Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2020
CTA Resource Center
The Corporate Transparency Act (CTA) establishes uniform beneficial ownership information reporting requirements for certain types of corporations, limited liability companies, and other similar entities created in or registered to do business in the United States. The CTA authorizes FinCEN to collect that information and disclose it to authorized government authorities and financial institutions, subject to effective safeguards and controls. The CTA and its implementing regulations will provide essential information to law enforcement, national security agencies, and others to help prevent criminals, terrorists, proliferators, and corrupt oligarchs from hiding illicit money or other property in the United States. The CTA is part of the Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2020 (AML Act).
Links and resources related to Beneficial Ownership Information.
- [9/24/23] – FinCen News Release
- [9/24/23] – Small Entity Compliance Guide
- [9/24/23] – BOI FAQ’s
- Beneficial Ownership Information Reporting | FinCEN.gov
- BOI Reporting Key Questions
- BOI Reporting Filing Dates
- Beneficial Ownership Information Reporting FAQ’s
- An Introduction to Beneficial Ownership Information Reports (video)
- Beneficial Ownership Information Reporting Requirements
Links and resources related to the Corporate Transparency Act.